Insurance coverages are boring..until you need them. That’s why it’s important to know the automatic and optional coverages you get with your ATB Gold Cash Rewards® and My Rewards® Travel Mastercards®.
This might be obvious, but these coverages only apply to items (merchandise, travel) you’ve paid for in full with your ATB Gold Mastercard or points redeemed under the ATB Gold My Rewards Travel program.
Renting a vehicle? You’re protected.
- Car Rental Collision Damage Waiver covers the cost of damage to the rental vehicle if you’re in a collision or if the vehicle is stolen (max rental period of 48 days).1
- Personal Effects Insurance covers the cost of your possessions and those of family members travelling with you, if they're lost, damaged or stolen while on a trip with the rental car (max $2,000 per account).1
- Car Rental Accidental Death and Dismemberment pays a loss if you or a family member travelling with you is killed or suffers a dismemberment as a result of an accidental bodily injury while occupying the rental vehicle (max $225,000 per account per accident).1
Taking a train, plane or bus? Yup, still protected.
- Common Carrier Accidental Death and Dismemberment pays a loss if you or a family member travelling with you is killed or maimed as a result of an accidental bodily injury while occupying the common carrier (max of $300,000 per account per accident).1
- Flight Delay Insurance (ATB Gold My Rewards Travel Mastercard cardholders only) reimburses you, your spouse and dependent children travelling with you for essentials like accommodations, meals, etc. if your confirmed scheduled flight departure is delayed by four hours or more (max $500 per trip).1
- Delayed Luggage Insurance (ATB Gold My Rewards Travel Mastercard cardholders only) reimburses you, your spouse and dependent children for immediate essential expenses if your checked luggage is not delivered within four hours of your arrival at your scheduled flight destination (max $500 per trip).1
Optional coverages to protect yourself and your loved ones. Including your fur buds.
- ATB Mastercard Balance Protection pays your credit card bill if you've become disabled, involuntarily unemployed or diagnosed with a critical illness.2Learn more or get it now.
- Petsecure is comprehensive insurance from Canada’s leading pet insurance provider. Learn more or get it now.
Don’t forget, we protect the merchandise you purchase too.
A few weeks back, we wrote an article about how your purchases are protected with Purchase Assurance1 and Extended Warranty Insurance1. Didn’t catch it? Read it here.
For more on all your insurance coverages, refer to your Certificate of Insurance (view it online here). Or, you can call us at 1-888-282-5678.
® Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. Used under license.
1 Insurance coverage is underwritten by American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida and/or American Bankers Life Assurance Company of Florida and is subject to limitations and exclusions. Please refer to the insurance certificate for full details.
2 The Balance Protection plan is underwritten by the Manufacturer Life Insurance Company (Manulife Financial) and First North American Insurance Company (FNA) and is offered to eligible ATB Financial Mastercard personal cardholders on a group plan basis.